Connect with us

National

Watch: 11-Year-Old Tested Covid+ After Flight From UK. What Happened Next – dot newz

Published

on

[ad_1]

International passengers who test coronavirus positive for 10 days under government guidelines. (File)

New Delhi:

The detailed Omicron protocol at Delhi’s IGI airport gives way to chaos once one tests positive, indicates the experience of a family from the UK who came to India to spend Christmas and New Year with their relatives and friends.

Adarsh Mishra’s 11-year-old daughter Ishita, who tested negative in the UK, was found positive once they landed in IGI on December 22. There on, it was a long journey through uncertainty and interminable delays that’s yet to end.

To start with, the retesting at the designated Covid Centre at Ramleela grounds — in tents that were “cold” and “often wet” — took place after a six-hour wait for the jet-lagged father and daughter.

“That was the theme for us in the last week. Given promises of certain things and the timeliness are never maintained,” Mr Mishra told NDTV.

He, however, made it clear that the people on the ground — the doctors and nurses and others did their level best under the circumstances. The real problem, he said, is the “lack of clarity” over forms and policies.

“The problem we are facing now is that there is no surety on when we can leave this place… We are getting three versions, one of which depends on which variant she has got,” added Mr Mishra who is currently at a facility of the LNJP hospital.

The family had planned to spend 10-12 days in the country but they have been told by some that his daughter might not be allowed to leave before a 14-day quarantine even though she is completely asymptomatic.

“I’m feeling very upset. Missing my mum and brothers and I’m feeling very upset that nothing is really confirmed. Everything is very unsure. I don’t know when I’ll be able to go home,” Rishika Mishra told NDTV.

International passengers who test positive for the virus will be quarantined at home/Covid care centres/community health centres/hospital for 10 days under the government guidelines.

[ad_2]

Source link

National

Shiv Sena, NCP To Contest Goa Assembly Elections Together – dot newz

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Mumbai:

Shiv Sena and the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) have decided to contest the upcoming Goa Assembly elections together in alliance, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut said on Sunday.

Speaking to ANI, Raut said, “Shiv Sena and NCP will contest together in Goa assembly elections. There will be a discussion on seat sharing on January 18. NCP’s senior leader Praful Patel will discuss seat-sharing formula in Goa on January 18. Only after that, it will be clear who will contest on how many seats.”

“Political dynamics are different in Maharashtra and Goa. NCP, Shiv Sena, Congress are in alliance in Maharashtra. However, at the moment Congress has decided to contest alone without forming an alliance with any other party in the state,” he said.

Goa elections are set to be held in a single phase on February 14. The counting of votes will be held on March 10.

In view of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, Shiv Sena leader did not comment much on Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s decision to contest from Gorakhpur.

“I will not make any comment on Yogi ji’s decision to contest from Gorakhpur. He has been fielded from his native constituency. So, it is a good thing. I have heard that Aparna Yadav is going to join BJP. It’s good to know,” he said.

Yadav is the daughter in law of Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav.

Meanwhile, elections for the 403 assembly constituencies in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases starting February 10, the Election Commission said. The polling in Uttar Pradesh will be held on February 10, 14, 20, 23, 27 and March 3 and 7 in seven phases.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

National

“India Feels Proud”: PM Modi On 1 Year Of Vaccination Drive – dot newz

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the vaccination drive added great strength to fight against Covid.

New Delhi:

Lauding India’s COVID-19 vaccination drive as it completes a year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said it has added great strength to the fight against the pandemic and has resulted in saving lives and protecting livelihoods.

When the pandemic first struck, not much was known about the virus. However, our scientists and innovators immersed themselves in developing vaccines, he said. India feels proud that our nation has been able to contribute to fighting the pandemic through vaccines, PM Modi tweeted.

“I salute each and every individual who is associated with the vaccination drive,” he said, adding that the role of our doctors, nurses and healthcare workers is exceptional.

“When we see glimpses of people being vaccinated in remote areas, or our healthcare workers taking the vaccines there, our hearts and minds are filled with pride,” he said.

The prime minister asserted that India’s approach to fighting the pandemic will always remain science based. Health infrastructure is also being augmented to ensure that fellow citizens get proper care, he said, asking people to keep following all COVID-19 related protocols.

The countrywide vaccination drive against COVID-19 on Sunday completed one year, during which over 156.76 crore vaccine doses were administered.

According to Health Ministry officials, over 92 per cent of the adult population have received at least one dose while over 68 per cent have been fully vaccinated. The Centre will issue a postal stamp this afternoon to mark the completion of one year of the inoculation drive.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)



[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

National

“We Invite You”: Maharashtra’s Red Carpet For Elon Musk After Telangana – dot newz

Published

on

By

[ad_1]

Elon Musk had said Tesla is “working through” a lot of challenges with the Indian government. (File)

New Delhi:

Another state has now invited US billionaire Elon Musk to invest after he said that electric car pioneer Tesla was “working through” a lot of challenges with the Indian government ahead of long-awaited plans to launch in the country.

After Telangana’s invitation earlier this week, a Maharashtra minister today offered Mr Musk a place to set up Tesla’s manufacturing plant in his state.

Maharashtra Water Resources Minister Jayant Patil, in a reply to Mr Musk’s tweet, said, “Maharashtra is one of the most progressive states in India. We will provide you all the necessary help from Maharashtra for you to get established in India.”

“We invite you to establish your manufacturing plant in Maharashtra,” the Nationalist Congress Party leader added.

Earlier, Telangana minister KT Rama Rao had invited the Tesla Inc’s chief executive to set shop in his state and said that his government will be “happy to partner Tesla in working through the challenges”.

Mr Musk, in response to a tweet asking him about a potential India launch date, had not identified the “challenges” being worked on with the government.

Tesla had plans to begin selling imported cars in India last year and has been lobbying the government to lower import duties, which can be as high as 100 percent, on electric vehicles before it enters the market.

Elon Musk had tweeted last July that Tesla wanted to enter India “but import duties are the highest in the world by far of any large country”.

Even as Tesla is holding out for a cut in import duties, luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz will start assembling the electric version of its flagship S-Class sedan, the EQS, in India later this year.



[ad_2]

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Dot Newz | Developed by MCVP Group 8